The Dominican Republic strategic location situated in the heart of the Caribbean, converts it as a convenient point of access to markets in the global business. It gives the country the potential of becoming a hub for trade and investment as well as a logistical centre for the large trans-Atlantic ships.
The country has a highly developed system of industrial free zones, efficient networks for shipping and distribution channels and one of the most advanced telecommunications systems in Latin America. It has an efficient transportation network, enabling expeditious and reliable cargo shipment and travel, excellent road systems, nine international airports (with over 70 flights daily to and from the United States and Europe), several domestic terminals in important trade locations and twelve modern shipping ports, including the Multimodal Caucedo Port, which is BASC certified.
The Dominican Republic offers a high standard of living. It should be mention, as a key factor in the investment industry development, that the country is highly competitive in terms of costs, experienced and qualified human resources, economical and political stability, open market access with the benefits of Free Trade Agreements with United States, European Union and the CARIFORUM countries. Also, the Dominican Republic offers special tax and import duty treatment, which present a broad variety of incentive and benefits in order to develop opportunities for business in the country.
In a nutshell:
• Stable economic and political environment
• FDI Friendly environment – Open Market
• Sound legal framework for foreign investment
• One (1) of Six (6) to hold Trade Treaty with EC and USA Five (5) Trade Treaties (DR-CAFTA,EPA, ALC RD –CARICOM, ALC –RD Central America, AAP – RD PANAMA)
• Competitive, qualified/Trainable labor force
• Modern transportation infrastructure
• Advanced and reliable telecommunication infrastructure
• Supporting Industries & services, Competitive costs for doing business
• Near Shore location
• Quality Life Standards
• Flexible Rules of Origin